Monday 17 August 2020

Messing About On The River ……..

Oh my goodness, there was quite a party going on on the river last night …….

IMG_5642

……. and believe me it wasn’t just our curtains that were twitching in the block for once.

IMG_6746

It was all Darrell and I could do to hold Nigel back from running down to try and hitch a ride with this foolhardy group of young paddlers

IMG_6747

I hold lockdown, but perhaps not Boris, wholly accountable for all this extra devil may care activity we’ve been witnessing at the bottom of the garden ……

IMG_5648

……. look, there’s not one single life jacket between them …… such is the invincibility youth!

IMG_5646

…….. but Nigel is so precious to us, I am seriously considering getting him a life belt/jacket to wear just for walking along the river at the moment, there is just too much temptation down there for an easily turned head!

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

I don't think Josh MacRae would be impressed. The advice in his song won't count, during a pandemic.

"When the weather is fine you know it's the time
For messin' about on the river
If you take my advice there's nothing so nice
As messin' about on the river"

Anonymous said...

Lots of bare naked frivolity going on there - what is the river coming to???? JantheFan x