Monday 19 July 2021

A Staycation By The Sea, Wouldn’t Be A Staycation By The Sea Without …….

………… fish and chips for supper on the pier ……..

pier

https://piers.org.uk/piers/southsea-south-parade/

Deep Blueimagehttps://www.southparadepier.net/eat.php

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/lifestyle/deep-blue-south-parade-pier-southsea-restaurant-review-993582

…….. to wit Deep Blue on Southsea South Pier.

IMG_1802

It was the poshest and most romantic  fish and chip seaside restaurant Darrell had ever been to, with all it’s many sparkly Hughesque type chandeliers………

IMG_1801

…….. and panoramic views of, at the time, a tempest tossed sea.  It was …….. emotional!

IMG_1804

Naturally Darrell and Lu went for the works, fish, chips, mushy peas and an ample wedge of lemon for squeezing as well as lashings of salt and vinegar. How did it go down I hear you say? I quote “It never got a chance to touch the sides, clean plates all round!” which I am presuming is Darrell speak for, it went down very well, very well indeed!  Happy days!

1 comment:

Mr.D said...

Deep Blue? As in the first computer to beat a reigning world champion? I assume there was no mention of Garry Kasparov, at all.

My mouth is watering! I WANT FISH AND CHIPS, AND I WANT THEM NOW!!!

The review in the link is very good too.

My vegan diet would have gone out of the window, and I would have gone for cod, chips and mushy peas. With a pot of tea, to wash it down. I would have also gone for some slices of bread and butter, and have been, perhaps, rather uncouth, for such a place, and made some chip butties.