Wednesday 5 October 2022

No Art Gallery

As you know Darrell always takes a keen interest in the pictures on the wall wherever he is staying …….

IMG_0584

…… however, he says he isn’t really left wanting by any of the offerings on display in their Dawlish Warren caravan this time round, as he isn’t especially enamoured by being greeted with a vision of bile yellow at the end of the bed first thing in the morning ……. 

IMG_0585

…… and Nigel’s musings as to what it all could mean, as well as remarks on the awful colour making him feel a little green around the gills!  What is he like?

IMG_0587

The other pictures aren’t really that much better ……….

IMG_0661IMG_0662

…….  with Darrell wondering what Hugh, his very best friend and mentor of all things “on and totally off the wall”, would make of them.

IMG_0664IMG_0665

Each to his own I suppose, but I am truly grateful that Darrell hasn’t been inspired into making any considered purchases for The Towers, as I don’t think I could live with that yellow either!

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

Rab C. Nesbitt reckoned that there was two types of art, one of which is "punter art," the type you buy to hide a stain on the wall.

Anonymous said...

I agree the pictures are not exactly inspiring are they - as for Mr D and reference to art to hide stain on the wall reminds me of that brilliant song by 10CC - I'm Not in Love.