Monday 28 March 2022

And There Was Light

The time Nigel has been yearning for since last October finally came in the wee small hours of yesterday morning, when one o’clock instantly became two o’clock and we lost an hour in bed! The clock going forwards always seems to leave me a little jet lagged for a couple of days, but it soon settles down.

IMG_1380

For Darrell it means that it won’t feel so cosy at night without all his fragrant candles and tealights as the nights become lighter, but then again, we do get long, balmy evenings where we can take our deckchairs down to the river for a cheeky jug (or two) of his wonderful full bodied and fruity Pimms ….. but I digress.

IMG_1377IMG_1379

For Nigel it’s much simpler, because tonight he got home for the school run for the very first time this year in the light ……

IMG_1383

….his little face said it all, the birds were still singing, he didn’t need to rush the very last stretch of his journey, past the bridge, where it’s always creepy and very, very dark, as there are no street lights….. and he swears, he even caught a whiff of barbeque in the air.

IMG_1385

What is he like, except one very happy, sunny, little bunny!

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

In Mexico City, we don't spring forward for another week.

It makes little difference to me, as, usually, I don't set the alarm. I wake up when I wake up.

I do like the light nights, however. Although, living in the tropics, we don't get the extremes like it getting dark before 4 pm or still being light at 11 pm.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the light nights too young Nige - I'm not grumbling at all. JantheFan x