Tuesday 1 March 2022

Darrell’s Much Considered Decor Decision Finally Comes to Fruition

For a while now I couldn’t help noticing Darrell quietly tutting and wrinkling his nose every time he drew the blinds Chez Towers. I recognised this look of yore and knew he was getting restless in a Laurence Llewellyn Bowen type way and it was only a matter of time before he said something!

IMG_0861

When it finally came, he announced that he thought that said blinds were looking a touch tired, they had been cheap when we bought them off the peg from Dunelm, when we first moved in. They had done their job and owed us nothing, so why not, he suggested, replace them with something new and fresh, ready to welcome in the spring.  

IMG_0862

I told him that if he got the quotes, interviewed all the prospective fitters and pored over the sample books, as they would mean nothing to me (……. ah Vienna…..),  he could have carte blanche on whatever his little heart desired as I trusted him and his taste implicitly …….

IMG_0863

…… and in return, when the time came, Nigel and I would be his able bodied and very willing furniture shifters and purveyors in chief of tea and biscuits!

IMG_0864

So this morning, after three weeks on tenter hooks Darrell finally got the call to say that his “bespoke” blinds were finally ready, I thought he might spontaneously combust ……

IMG_0866IMG_0865

……. and while Nigel and I channelled our inner most Mr Shifter,  Darrell was stood on the door step, clearing the carpark and making way for “his man” to arrive. What is he like?

IMG_0869IMG_0867

It took just over an hour for Darrell to finally see his vision come to fruition, it was EMOTIONAL ……….. very emotional, very, very, emotional!

IMG_0915

I’ll be honest I was really surprised how plain and simple Darrell’s dream had actually been, with not a pleat, ruche or billowing flounce to be seen.

IMG_0916

As he tested out each premium roller blind chrome, beaded, pull chain for the first time his little face was a picture.

IMG_0914IMG_0917

I think the boy dun gud!

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

Plain and simple can be stylish, too. I reckon Hugh will approve. I think the boy dun very gud.

"They......mean nothing to me (……. ah Vienna…..)."

I have Midge Ure in my mind's eye.

P.S. Yesterday, you forgot pancake day, and I forgot to read Mum's Monkey and post a comment.

Anonymous said...

It all looks tres smart indeedy. JantheFan x