Friday 8 April 2022

Darrell Does A Chin and Choo …….

Darrell has a new culinary bible, as recommended by Hugh, his beloved best friend and mentor of all things of a authentic Chinese Takeaway type nature ……..

Ziangs Chin and Choo's Takeaway Cooking Bible

…… and with a new oriental food shop in Evesham, he’s one very happy bunny!

Chin and Choo's Takeaway BibleChicken Balls

I know his ultimate comestible dream is to serve Nigel and I up with a chilli crispy beef or sweet and sour chicken balls that we’d swear had come from the takeaway ……….

Chin and Choo Chicken Chow MeinChin and Choos chow mein

…….. but, not wishing to run before he could talk walk, yesterday he decided to try something a little more simple, to wit Chin and Choo’s chicken chow mein (no offence Gok Wan).

IMG_1288

He was sooooooooo excited, as indeed Nigel and I were to try it. All the sizzling sounds and smells coming from Darrell on the wok was almost too much for us as we waited.

IMG_1290

Did he pass? OMG, for Nigel and I, he passed with flying colours, however, Darrell being Darrell, he was a little critical of himself.  He admitted to skipping the part where it said that all recipes were based on a serving for one. He’d thrown in a few  extra noodles, bean sprouts and chicken when he thought it didn’t look much, but had then followed the measurements for the soy sauce, salt etc. to the letter, so, according to him, it was slightly under flavoured, not that Nigel and I noticed.

IMG_1292

Next time, he says he needs to multiply everything by three, or maybe even four to give us seconds!

IMG_1293

I don’t think he’ll be hearing any complaints from either Nigel or me …… he can just keep bringing it on! Nom, nom, nom!

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

"Chilli crispy beef or sweet and sour chicken balls." You have got my mouth watering. Again! :)

"Chin and Choo’s chicken chow mein." Now that is an alliterative mouthful, even before you start eating it!

Well done, Darrell! Yet again, the boy dun gud.

SeasideKaren said...

Ooh that sounds delicious! I might have to treat myself to that book now, even if I can hardly pronounce it!!

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness it's been an age since I had a takeaway...might have to get the book too. Delish...my mouth was watering just reading all about it. JantheFan x