Wednesday 27 April 2022

The Minehead Metal Heads

While we have been out and about embracing all of Minehead’s pleasures ……

Metal Heads Minehead 2

….. we couldn’t help but notice all the wonderful “Metal Heads” that are scattered throughout the town……..

Metal Heads Minehead 3Metal Heads Minehead 4

……. outside shops, churches, the market, hotels etc.

Metal Heads Minehead 5

Dare we say we even thought that the Metal Ahead (above) bears a passing resemblance to our beloved cereal commenter, Mr D, in humid but romantic Mexico, when he had hair of course! However the jacket is nigh on perfect!

Metal Heads Minehead 6Metal Heads Minehead 7

There are 130 Metal Heads in all and still, we believe counting. They also have their own advertised trail and map to follow.  How brilliant is that?

Minehead Metal Heads 1Metal Heads Minehead 8

Sadly, we only got to see just the tip of this wonderful iceberg on our visit, however, should we return, as we are very much liking Minehead, it will definitely be on our itinerary.  Happy days!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-53763699

https://www.facebook.com/Minehead-Metal-Heads-106831244465465/

https://www.mineheadbay.co.uk/point-of-interest/minehead-metal-heads-1

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

I did indeed have a brown jacket, worn with a tie. I haven't worn a brown jacket in years. This metal head, in Minehead, certainly has more hair than I do, now.

I notice "my" leg is chained up, to stop "me" from being taken away. What is in "my" hand?

P.S. When I was at school, we used to wear our ties very loose. One teacher used to tell us to fasten them up, "to keep the smell in." :)

SeasideKaren said...

I very much enjoyed seeing Mr D in Minehead, I have often wondered how you met him and what he looks like!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is really interesting - fancy meeting 'Mr D' there, happy memories indeedy! JantheFan x