Tuesday 26 April 2022

Mooching In Minehead’s Finest …….

With the town centre only a short walk away from the beach, it would have been rude if I didn’t at least avail myself of one or two of Minehead’s finest charity shops ……

IMG_1696

…… if Nigel and Darrell didn’t mind holding the fort for a bit and promising to  bring them back an award winning flapjack from Flapjackery https://www.flapjackery.co.uk/ as a treat.

Charity Shop Shopping Minehead

The beauty of a charity shop, especially ones in foreign climes is the thrill of finding something you never even knew you wanted/needed until you see it sat sitting on the bric a brac shelf, usually my first point of call.

IMG_1671

And Minehead was no different …….

Picture 041

…… if Darrell wasn’t now such a confirmed bachelor after our early  experiences with Tallulah back in the days when we worked at the Girls High School ………

 CHarity Shops MineheadCharity Shop Shopping Minehead.

…… I’d have been tempted to buy this mug to put away in case of any possible announcement and impending nuptials, Darrell would have made such brilliant wedding planner!

Flower Fairy Figure Minehead Charity ShopsFlower Fairy Figurine

I was also tempted to make a considered purchase on behalf of Darrell for when he next visits Hugh, his best friend and mentor of all things of a Cicely Mary Barker type nature, flower fairies being one of his  “big things”, however the shop was asking “tourist” prices and £10 was a little too steep, when compared to what we would expect to pay back in Evesham for a similar piece.

Butlins Minehead Gift Shop.JPG...

I’ll be honest, no considered, charitable purchases were made on this occassion, but it was just wonderful having a mooch in peace nevertheless.

Minehead Charity Shops 2022Minehead Charity Shops.

However, Minehead also has a Poundland (a bit of a surprise and thus extra bonus) and again it would have looked rude not to peruse its shelves while I was there ……..

Poundland Easter Bunny Cake STand

…….. especially when I spotted that they had a whole shelf of bunny cake stands that I know Darrell had drooled over after seeing them on his beloved Poundland Appreciation Page on Facebook.  I know he’d set his heart on one, but all the stores he’d visited had all sold out.

IMG_1678

Let’s just say that it got a little emotional when I returned to the beach holding said cake stand aloft accompanied by a bag of luxury flapjacks, which Darrell put down having a bit of sand in his eye.

Poundland Easter Bunny Tealight Holders

I did however leave the bunny tealight holders on the shelf, because what the bunnies were actually doing to their eggs looked most dubious if you ask me, it must have been the sea air …… I’ll just leave it there.  What am I like?

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

Tallulah! Now there's a blast from the past. Did she frighten Darrell half to death?

I wouldn't have been able to walk past Flapjackery, either. It seems like every day, recently, that you have made my mouth water. I am close to making the sound Homer Simpson makes, when he is tempted by food.

I WANT FLAPJACKS, AND I WANT THEM NOW!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh My word Flapjackery - flapjacks are my favourite - they have to be healthy right??? I mean they have oats in them - anything with oats in is healthy....I'm off to order a few boxes - I'll leave you with the rabbits doing their thing in Poundland. JantheFan x

Anonymous said...

...as for Tallulah - don't think we'll go there either....JantheFan x