Monday 30 May 2022

Very Sad News From The Homeland

Yesterday, we received a picture and some heart breaking news from The Homeland that has cut Nigel to the quick.

Bilbrook Motorworld window Christmas 2013

To wit, his beloved Motor World …….

……. scene of so many, many wonderful Christmas memories ………

…… is no more.

thumbnail

Abandoned, forlorn and now in a very sorry state. It is, the final nail in the end of a golden era of awe and wonder.

IMG_1933

……. leaving Nigel totally bereft.

……. with only the echo of happy times, stood standing outside the window, no matter the weather, to gaze lovingly at “his” precious knitted nativity during the festive season of so many, many years. Let’s just say he sobbed …… and sobbed and sobbed  ………and sobbed …. then sobbed some more.

IMG_1934

We know he will bounce back, thank goodness he has his own knitted nativity now, a very generous gift from our beloved friend Karen in romantic Lytham St Annes…….

IMG_1935

…… but at this difficult time we know we just need to allow him some space and respect his privacy until he feels ready to re-emerge.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no-poor Nigel. I hope he’s soon back to his normal, cheerful self.

Michele

SeasideKaren said...

Oh no, poor Nigel. I do hope someone lovely has now taken care of the Nativity. I’m so glad you are caring for mine, it makes my heart feel warm and happy to know it is in wonderful caring hands xx

Mr.D said...

Oh dear. That is terrible, but I'm sure Nigel will soon be back to normal.

I bought car headlight bulbs and windscreen wiper blades, among other things, from that very branch.

Anonymous said...

Oh my - why am I so moved by this blog post!!! So many shops have been left vacant and empty now. People find it easier to shop online - as they found during Covid lockdowns - myself included I have to say. Fings aint what they used to be that's for sure! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biUvH1XcVmg