Thursday 15 April 2021

Another Word That Makes Me Cringe

Like I have said a couple of times before, with lockdown restrictions easing we/I really need to get out more. I am getting soooooo grumpy, especially when I hear the latest “in vogue” word being used on the radio/TV over and over again, it makes me inwardly cringe whenever I hear them.

IMG_0084

The latest said word is “yielding” …….. aghhhhhhh.

IMG_0086

It completely ruined my quiet enjoyment of Masterchef the other evening when columnist, broadcaster, author and restaurant critic Grace Dent (who I am not the greatest fan of or her occasional Radio 4 programmes, which I will admit to turning off whenever I hear her voice) proclaimed that the roasted bone marrow she had just chowed on down was “yielding”.  What?

IMG_0087

And then, a couple more courses down the road uttered it again to describe some other delicacy, ……… yielding, yielding? Please, just stop it!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Mr.D said...

For me, yield is to do with chemical percentage yield. Just ask TTS.