Friday 23 April 2021

Farewell Old Friend

This morning Darrell went to pay homage and bid a fond farewell to the Aldi up the road, which is sadly closing at the end of the week. It was emotional.

IMG_0151

It has seen us through three meltdowns, with Darrell visiting once a week, on a Thursday, for our essential shop.

IMG_0152

Thanks to Aldi and of course Darrell, we have all remained nutritionally balanced for nigh on a year, our rigorous five a day  regime has not faltered and was the main reason for Darrell’s weekly visits, as he is rather fussy about his fresh produce ……

IMG_0153

………. preferring to see it in the flesh as it were, however due to Covid he had to restrain and curtail all contact of a  feeling or squeezing type nature.

IMG_0154

However, that being said, on this final visit he was tempted and indeed succumbed to the considered purchase of an iced finger or six!

IMG_0155

We have lost the Co-Op and now Aldi, which were both within easy walking distance of The Towers, it looks like Darrell will be upping his steps in the future …….. to either Iceland, Tesco or Waitrose …….. He says he’s considering getting himself a natty little shopping trolley, because, as a monkey, his arms are long enough, he doesn’t need them to stretch any longer having to carry his shopping any further!  What is he like?

1 comment:

Mr.D said...

I am very sorry, for your loss. I hope the extra walk isn't too far, for you. Think on the bright side, the extra exercise will do you good.

I use a big rucksack, with a padded belt, if I am walking to the shops. In this way, the weight isn't on my arms or my shoulders, but on my hips.

I bought some panniers and a rack, for my bike, from a UK shop, and got them sent to a friend, who was back in England. He has just returned, and I am going to pick them up tomorrow! Shopping with these, will be even better.