Monday 21 June 2021

The Longest Day Of The Year ……

How on earth did it get to be now?  We’re very close to being half way through the year (well, 2nd July to be exact), and  yet I don’t even feel as if we’ve even started 2021 properly.  Where has the time gone?

IMG_1456IMG_1457

To help explain my rather “morose” mood, today is 21st June  when we “celebrate” the summer solstice, the longest day of the year, where we have a whole 16 hours and 38 minutes of daylight to embrace, the sun rising at 4.52am and setting at 9.26pm  ………..

IMG_1458IMG_1459

…… which means that from tomorrow the nights will very slowly start to draw in, it’s soooooooooooo not right, it’s wrong!

IMG_1460

And, on top of that, despite Darrell, Nigel and I being fully and comprehensively double jabbed, we’re still in a weird twilight zone of lockdown with  another 3 more weeks to go, unless Boris, once again, decides otherwise and prolongs it even further!

IMG_1461IMG_1462

I just feel as if some of my natural effervescence has been compromised, everso slightly by something as silly as the date.  What am I like? 

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

Cheer up. Think on the bright side - it is one day closer to Bonfire Night and the Christmas, both of which will be special, with Iris and Bertie! I'm sure there are plenty of other days to look forward to, as well.

Anonymous said...

I'm will you monkey on this - life is so strange even still. Just cant shake off the whole pandemic feel.......will we ever???? JantheFan x