Monday 28 February 2022

A New Culinary Delight?

A poster in the Evesham’s Art Deco cinema window caught Nigel’s eye while he was on the school run  …….

Licorice Pizza 1

Now, though he very much enjoys a pizza (usually a meaty feast or pepperoni special), not to mention the odd liquorice lace, twist or pipe ………

Licorice Pizza..

…… however never, in his expert epicurean opinion, should the twain ever, ever, ever meet!

LIcorice Pizza .

A very questionable comestible to say the least, which on this occassion, I definitely don’t think he will be pleading with Darrell to prepare for our delectation …….. a unfettered case of no nom nom!

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

I agree! I love pizza and I love Pontefract cakes but, the latter on top of the former and stuck in an oven, stone, or otherwise? No, thank you, very much.

Licorice Pizza is up for three Oscars, including best picture, but I haven't seen it.

Of the nominations, I have seen Belfast, CODA, Dune, Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog, The Tragedy of Macbeth, Tick, Tick... Boom!,No Time to Die and Cruella but, the thought of a Pontefract cake melting and bubbling on a Chicago deep pan pizza? No, thank you, very much.

I once had a pizza without any tomato sauce and it was just wrong.

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm with Mr D - Licorice and Pizza should never be put together in the same sentence.
Panda Liquorice bars, Pepperoni Pizza - enough said.
JantheFan x