Thursday 28 December 2023

Well, We’ve Scratched ……..

Well, we’ve scratched with an expectant and unfettered hope in our hearts like there’s no tomorrow …… using lucky old pennies, 2p coins, the blade of a knife, a nail file, even our fingernails ……

IMG_5350

…… however, sadly we won’t be ending 2023 and starting 2024 in the style in which we would very much like to become everso slightly, but not too life changingly accustomed too ……

IMG_5351IMG_5352

……. but a HUGE “thank you” to our beloved No. 1 Fan, Jan the Fan for bringing us so much expectation and optimism every single morning of Advent. 

IMG_5353

It’s been a wonderful, as well as emotional, rollercoaster of dreams, but on this occassion and this card, sadly no prize has been won to warrant our dashing up to town to claim …… another day perhaps, when we get that feeling in our water that maybe, this time, lady luck will be smiling down on us!

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

Never mind. It was a thoughtful gift from JtF. I'm sure Nigel had high hopes, every morning.

Anonymous said...

Oh no-hope you’re not too disappointed. I never even knew that advent lottery scratch cards existed so thank you for educating me.

Michele

Anonymous said...

Oh dear boyz - one day - dare I say I bought one for myself and a few other friends. Not a penny was to be had....however I have to say....drumroll....I did get a fiver - now NO, absolutely NO NO NO begging letters please!!! JantheFan x