Wednesday 15 June 2022

Licking The Bottom Of Granny’s Knicker Drawer ……?????

In all our six years in Evesham I think we’ve only had a handful of Evesham Journals, so when I was offered a copy this morning, I was not shy in coming forwards ……..

Evesham Journal

…… as I do like to keep abreast of local news ……..

IMG_2054

…… and know what’s going on.

IMG_2055

I have to say ……. it erm, made for some very “interesting” reading…… 

A Pot Noodle A Day

….. especially one of the main stories, highlighted on the front of said Journal and featured on page 7.

A Pot Noodle A Day.

What can I say? 

IMG_2050Granny's Knicker Drawer

It certainly made me realise exactly what we’ve been missing in not having the free Journal dropped off at The Towers each week over the years!

IMG_2052IMG_2053

It might be best to keep the above article from Nigel, we are all pretty much strangers to the delights of a Pot Noodle and I don’t think I want to encourage any new daily comestible habits what with our robust 5 a day regime and all that, no matter how enticing.

Evesham Journal. Giant Killing Plums

As for the giant-killing plums …….. I think I’ll leave that firmly with Mr D, our beloved cereal commentator and former colleague of Mum, in far away and romantic Mexico, to comment on!!!!

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

You can't beat a local rag for local news.

A quick search shows that The Plums is the nickname for Pershore Town Football Club.

When I was at university, I would sometimes eat Pot Noodle sandwiches, to fill me up quickly. I liked them, although I do prefer a corned beef sandwich. You can't get corned beef here. I ate it regularly, when we lived in Abu Dhabi. When I lived in Kazakhstan, I didn't speak Kazakh or Russian. I got a Kazakh friend to go with me to the supermarket to translate the tinned meats, to no avail. She said the only tinned meat that looked vaguely like it was of very poor quality.

All together now. I WANT CORNED BEEF AND I WANT IT NOW!!!

Mr.D said...

Just a thought. Will Hugh get to use Elton's John?

Or is that for Reg's personal use only?

(Or is it better written out as "Elton John's John"?)

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness - a corned beef sandwich...never had one of those for years, I'll add it to my shopping list! Never had a Pot Noodle for years either - but won't be adding those to my shopping list! JantheFan X