Tuesday 2 August 2022

Antio Sas (Farewell) Our Beloved Elounda

Our last wake up in Elounda and it was looking just a tad overcast ……..

IMG_2517

…… which somehow made our last few of hours before leaving not cut quite so deep and easier to bear. What are we like?

IMG_2514

With a time to kill before our luxury mini bus (which we had all to ourselves) was due to whisk us away to the airport, we decided to sit awhile to bid a quiet farewell to “our” beach with Spinalonga in the distance ……

IMG_2522

…….. each lost in our own thoughts and wonderful, wonderful memories.  I think I may have heard Darrell try to stifle a sniff or two, but ignored it, as I knew exactly how he was feeling.

IMG_2525

Adieu, Adieu sweet Elounda …………. Ο αποχαιρετισμός είναι τόσο γλυκιά θλίψη (parting is such sweet sorrow).

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

Monkey - you beat me to it. Before I had reached the end of your words, I was thinking of using parting is such sweet sorrow.

I suppose I could use all good things have to come to an end, but do they? That's a philosophical question for Nigel to ponder.

Anonymous said...

I’ve enjoyed every day of your Greek adventure.

Michele

Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking us to the wonderful Elounda with you, I always feel as if I'm almost there....Cue the handsome Andy Williams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-hFZhVzHwY

JantheFan x