Monday 15 August 2022

Nigel Goes Scrumping ……

Currently, our little part of Evesham is rampant with blackberries (and plums), so Nigel decided to treat his beloved niece and nephew to an unfettered afternoon of scrumping ………

Blackberry picking.blackberry picking

However, it seems that Iris and Bertie were both very capable of eating their own weight in blackberries and at a much faster pace than poor Uncle Nigel could pick them with Iris favouring the sweeter berry and Bertie the sourer ones.

IMG_0149IMG_0150

He had really hoped to bring enough back for Darrell to make on of his wonderful apple and blackberry crumbles (with custard, naturally), but that proved impossible ……

IMG_0151

……. so decided that it might be best to go back and collect some more once Iris and Bertie had gone home, to make absolutely sure that said crumble would definitely be on the menu for tomorrow teatime at the very least.  What are they all like?

2 comments:

Mr.D said...


"It seems that Iris and Bertie were both very capable of eating their own weight in blackberries."

This reminded me of when I only weighed about eight and a half stones.

When I lived in London, my cricket team used to do a weekend tour to Hamphire, before we changed to a week's tour to Cheltenham. Everyone got a fine for something, which went into the kitty. One year, I got a fine for eating more than my body weight in the weekend.

Now, I weigh just under ten stones.

Anonymous said...

Oh my mum used to make the most amazing blackberry and apple pies after my dad had done his blackberry pic. Happy memories. JantheFan x