Wednesday 17 August 2022

More Bikes of Evesham ……..

Nigel has been out and about in Evesham hunting more decorated bikes with his beloved niece and nephew, finally cut free from all the restraints of the school run …….

IMG_2718IMG_2720

This one beautiful one in the park, as modelled by the lovely Iris, was called “Starry Starry Night” and is Nigel’s favourite so far.

IMG_2721

The bikes are pretty spread apart ………

IMG_2729

……. so you never really know when you are going to stumble across one …

IMG_2748

……. metaphorically speaking that is. Nigel is very spatially aware, most probably due to his diminutive size, the thought of the little fella getting tangled up in the spokes of a wheel or impaled on spinning pedal is just too awful to contemplate.

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

I love the Vincent van Gogh one.

I go out on my bike a lot, but my bikes don't look anything like these.

I do look like a Christmas tree, however, with two front lights, one rear light, two small lights on my panniers plus a front and back light on my helmet. All flashing. On top of this my helmet, jersey, socks and cycling mitts are all DayGlo yellow. And this is in the daytime, too. I'm quite a sight, but I don't care.

I have never seen a cyclist dressed like me in Mexico City. Most wear dark clothes and have no lights, even at night.

Anonymous said...

Oh the bikes look amazing - Oh Starry Starry Night, paint your palette blue and grey....I'm going to have to listen to that song again - such nostalgia and bitter-sweet memories. JantheFan x

Mr.D said...

JtF - you have got me listening to that song, too.