Tuesday 17 January 2023

A Spooky Callab .......

Oh my goodness ……… since Darrell’s very in-depth perusal of Take A Break Fate and Fortune magazine, he and Nigel have been hung over the laptop, putting together their own contribution, in the hope of becoming published, collaborative authors, some time in the future, in said magazine.

IMG_0121IMG_0116

They’ve had to give up on the 100 word short story idea, as their composition is based, so they tell me, on “true life experience”, which simply can not be condensed in any shape or spooky form.

IMG_0120IMG_0118

I have also been told, very politely, that my services as  their executive proof reader are no longer required, saying that if their article (which does indeed have a beginning, middle and end, Mr D) is published, they want me to have the full impact and moment of tumultuous and overwhelming pride “when” the magazine potentially drops into our mailbox. What are they like?

IMG_0117

I don’t have a faintest clue what on earth they have come up with, all they will divulge is that if they are published and in turn get a small remuneration for said story, it will all be put in our next Greek Odyssey pocket money fund ………. as it is holiday inspired! 

IMG_0119

I dread to think! What on earth has gone past me while I’ve been lying prostrate on my sunbed? As ever, when I know anything, you will, of course, be the first to know!

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

Good luck getting published! At least, with the stories being so short, the magazine will be able to fit in lots of them in one issue.

Anonymous said...

I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed that you get published!! That would be awesome.

Michele

Anonymous said...

Oh Boyz - this is so thrilling - and I'm sure the story is too. Keeping all my bits crossed for you. JantheFan x