Friday 27 January 2023

An Appetite Than Holds No Bounds ……..

For a little fella, Nigel has an appetite and zest for food that seems to knows no bounds!

IMG_1785

He was in town yesterday morning and at around lunch time was feeling a trifle peckish, so as he was just passing Tequila and Lime, he thought it might look rude not to pop in and treat himself to a small snackette from their dessert menu to tide him over ‘till he got home.

IMG_1786

His dessert of choice…… after much consideration was a “Boom”, a prize confection consisting of a freshly made crepe, topped with Kinder Bueno pieces, warm chocolate sauce, white chocolate and caramel drizzle ……

IMG_1788

……… followed by a Churros chaser with chocolate dip!

I don’t think anyone would ever dare to accuse Nigel of having eyes bigger than his belly, as he sunk the lot and then tucked into an ample slice of Darrell’s most excellent steak and ale pie, mashed potatoes, peas and carrots with a full bodied gravy for his tea, although, I have to say, he did decline the offering of a pudding, saying that bananas and custard with chocolate buttons on top might possibly be chocolate overload after his petit sojourn! What on earth is he like?

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

Wow. And he never puts on any weight.

I don't fancy the "Boom" and there are loads of churrerías over here, but the steak and ale pie is right up my street. My mouth is watering, yet again!

When I am in the UK, and go for a pub lunch, I invariably go for the steak and ale pie, or a variant.

All together now. I WANT STEAK AND ALE PIE AND I WANT IT NOW!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness - my mouth is actually watering - the things you do to me boyz. I did however have chicken pie today, so I'll give the steak and ale one a miss, but you can pass the desserts over no problem. JantheFan x