Wednesday 15 March 2023

Whoosh To The Rescue

Oh my goodness, yesterday morning we had an emergency, we were suddenly expecting “unexpected” guests, who were arriving at around lunch time and Darrell was in the most almighty panic as we didn’t have a single crumb of bread to proffer (as we’re not partaking of it at the moment), let alone anything to put between any said bread, in any shape or form!

IMG_0191

There wasn’t time to nip to the shops, even at Nigel’s speediest, so I’ll be honest, I was expecting tears …… but then Darrell, too overwrought to speak properly, suddenly went “Ahhhhhh” in joyous tones, as he had  suddenly an Ulrika ka ka ka  moment  and made haste to our laptop, almost setting the keyboard alight …….

IMG_0198

……. and going as far from his usual retail comfort zone as I’ve ever seen him, logging into our Tesco account and the Whoosh section, in the hope that it could possibly bring home his/our bacon. LuLu had mentioned it to him last time she was down, saying how good it was  ……. could it now save his reputation as the consummate host?

IMG_0196

Well, at 8.59, within a second or two of pressing the checkout button, he received a text confirming his order

IMG_0184

……. swiftly followed by three more messages ………

IMG_0192

……… and within 20 mins of placing his order, it was sat sitting in our kitchen, every item accounted for!

IMG_0195

Let’s just say it was emotional, very, very, very emotional ……..

IMG_0194IMG_0193

Tesco and Alin M (c/o Uber) had saved the day.  Never have ham salad baps with crisp accompaniment  tasted quite soooooooo fabulous before, with Darrell vowing that never again will a comestible emergency threaten the serenity and sangfroid of The Towers again, Whoosh is just toooooooooo wonderful for words!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I've seen this, Whoosh business, when I've been indulging in my weekly Tesco online shop - never had occasion to use it - but you've inspired me boyz. I'll keep it in mind should I need a speedy delivery. Thank you! JantheFan x

Mr.D said...

Wow! That is incredibly speedy! I'd never heard of Whoosh.