Thursday 23 March 2023

The Fear That Is Holding Darrell Back……..

Following our emotional Valentine’s card, from we suspect, our No. 1 Fan, Jan the Fan back in February  …………

IMG_0683

……. I couldn’t but help notice Darrell has been spending the odd pensive moment staring down at his arm and sighing.

IMG_0647IMG_0648

I know exactly what he’s thinking, we’ve been there several times before.

IMG_0652

What he’d really, really, really like is a tattoo to express his undying devotion to our very favourite savoury spread of choice ……..

marmite

……… the only stumbling block? His terrible Trypanophobia (an intense fear of needles, of any description), which explains why it’s me who has to replace lost buttons or picks up any sort of running repairs of a sewing type nature Chez Les Towers!  I think it all goes back to a particularly traumatic rendition of  Sleeping Beauty somewhere in his dim and distant childhood, but, what do I know?

IMG_0650IMG_0651

To be honest I’m not all that keen on the idea any way, I like his arm just as nature intended. However, I don’t think he’ll ever be able to gear himself up to getting it done anyway, especially after I may have dropped it into conversation that his affections could just as easily be demonstrated in the wearing of all manner of t-shirts. What am I like, if not subtle!

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

A tee shirt is a far better idea.

I want Marmite and I want it NOW!

Anonymous said...

You've got a point there Monkey (oh just realised - point/needle/ tattoo) I'd stick with the tshirt!