Monday 16 October 2023

Have You Ever ……….

Darrell was out mooching this morning round Evesham’s very small market when his eyes alighted upon ……..

IMG_4364

…… some of the most wonderful specimens of a brussel sprouts on the stalk he thinks he’s ever seen.

IMG_4363IMG_4361

They were truly, truly magnificent beasts, he sighed when he got home, but added that he’d had to steal himself away, because ‘though they were a delight to behold and no doubt consume, there was no way he could accommodate their pleasures, as he’d already planned and shopped for all our meals for the coming week, to the letter, but hoped they would be there again next week when him would surely plunder them ……. but if not, he’d nip into Iceland for a bag of a button type nature, to keep his culinary plans bang on point.

IMG_4362

However, I couldn’t help give a little sigh of relief to myself, with such aforementioned sproutal magnificence comes, I am pretty sure, a certain potency, much associated with the festive season ……. and I’m not sure I’m quite ready for all that might bring, just yet, so the frozen, button variety will be fine by me for the time being!  What am I like? 

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

Them thar sprouts certainly look fine. Plenty of methane there, too. After eating, best open a window and have no naked flames.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Christmas is certainly within sight now .... or is that - certainly within smelling distance ?????? I'm going for a lie down. This is all too much for me. JantheFan x