Monday 2 October 2023

It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like ….. Autumn

How did it get to be October already?

It really looks like autumn is beginning to make itself known a la Towers, especially round it’s hind quarters, if you’ll pardon the expression ……..

IMG_4366

…… which means ………

IMG_4373IMG_4371

……. although there are still at least a couple of million leaves left to fall …

IMG_4367IMG_4368

…… still makes it our most favouritist season of the year, (well, to be fair, it’s joint favourite with winter) ……..

IMG_4369IMG_4370

……. because, with the unfettered turning of the world, we finally get our beloved view of the river and marina back!

IMG_4372

OK, we’re not all that keen on all the dark nights, especially Nigel when he’s on the way back from the school run, or the seasonal troughs in temperature, but I suppose that’s the swings and roundabouts of life, pleasure and pain ……… you can’t have it all!

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

I have always been a spring person, myself, with the new life starting, but I am partial to the leaves changing colour.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Mr D on this one - Spring is my favourite time of year - just for the nesting birds and stuff like that....it's a season full of promise. Autumn is okay, love the colour Autumn brings with it but oh - the shorter days...me no likey! JantheFan x