Thursday 6 January 2022

Our Annual I & B New Years Sleepover

With Nigel currently away and Darrell and I trying to get The Towers back to it’s normally pretty organised state, I’m afraid we’ve been a tad remiss in reporting back on our annual I and B New Years sleepover ……….. let’s just say, despite all the ensuing mayhem and mess, it was truly, truly WONDERFUL!

IMG_0103

There were cocktails from dawn to dusk (of a totally non alcoholic type nature of course) ………

IMG_0107

The little ones were indeed highly prolific and skilled in producing all manner of fizzy and still beveragement ……..

IMG_0104

……. in fact at one stage I had a total of six weird and wonderful concoctions lined up on the side, complete with straws, maraschino cherries and lemon slices, plus several flamingo cocktail stick decorations, however we felt it wise to perhaps hold back on the sparklers for a couple more years at least!

IMG_0105

It would have been rude not to drain every last drop from each cup as presented, with a totally honest, sometimes pithy critique on mix of flavours, appearance and downability.   I admit I sloshed when I moved and all our frequent bathroom visits duly noted.

IMG_0116

I did wonder where I might put my celebratory New Year’s pizza, our very last meal of 2021……..

IMG_0115

……. but surrounded by the very robust and enthusiastic chomping and nomming………

IMG_0113IMG_0114

……. I managed to complete the task, in my opinion, quite valiantly under the circumstances  …….

IMG_0118

………. but I was grateful for the balmy fresh air (it was the warmest New Years Eve on record)  and exercise to help it all go down …….

IMG_0121

…… of our traditional and much anticipated Midnight Walk, set in the total darkness of the park, well, except for our various torches, LED lit beanies and glowsticks, with hot chocolate and chocolate fingers at the half way mark. Goodness only knows what the neighbours must have thought seeing all the small, moving lights in the distance, accompanied by blood curdling screams and laughter as little people were taken prisoner by a hideous and terrifying monster (to wit Darrell)  and “tied” hypothetically to the benches, to be rescued, by a true loves kiss, to wit Nigel!!!!!!!

IMG_0123

It was a day/night filled with so many memories ………

IMG_0112

…… and Nigel putting in an awful lot of practice on Bertie’s new grabber machine, in order, no doubt, to be amusement arcade ready for a couple of already booked visits to the seaside in the coming year.

Happy Days

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such happy days...with more to look forward to...what more could you ask for? Pleased you all have a wonderful time creating very special memories for two young, beautiful people. JantheFan x

Mr.D said...

More fantastic memories! Two very excited and happy people - and that's just Nigel and Darrell.

Iris and Bertie have so many memories, with more to come!

Mr.D said...

P.S. I love pizza. I WANT PIZZA AND I WANT IT NOW!!!