Wednesday 19 January 2022

Plans For Our Beloved Queen’s Platinum Jubilee

This year we will be part of history being made, when we celebrate our beloved Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, a unique celebration, the likes of which the country is very unlikely to witness again for many, many years, if ever.

Looking for MUgs

So following Nigel’s fine example as regards to sustainability, I thought it would be an novel idea, instead of purchasing new pieces of ephemera to use during the coming year, I would look for Queenie type bits of memorabilia, from past jubilees and celebrations, breathing new life into no longer used mugs, plates etc., especially having learned our lesson with the Markle Sparkles Tesco mugs  we bought and very quickly donated,  say no more!

Platinum Jubilee Mugs

Therefore, a bit like Sir Lord Alan Sugar’s search for a new business partner, I am primed and already on the  case ……..

Pressed Glass Crown Dish

……. and without even having to try hard, I have already stumbled upon this beautiful glass bowl in the shape of a crown, reduced from £2.99 to 99p. Well, it would have been rude not to and will be perfect on the tea table gracing one of Darrell’s celebratory boozy trifles inside!

IMG_0252IMG_0253

I also found two mugs, one for Darrell and one for Nigel  ……. that will do for now, it’s a start, but I think I can do better.

IMG_0254

Three small side plates would also be nice, but I think they might be harder to come by, so perhaps a couple of larger plates to serve sandwiches or cakes in the meantime

IMG_0256

The fun is all in the pleasure of the chase ………. who knows what else I might happen upon now I am looking with a serious eye ………..  

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

That is a very good start!

Seventy years as Her Maj the Queen is amazing. Going longer than Queen Victoria was incredible.

We closed the street and had a big communal party, for her 25th anniversary, and that is a decent amount of time. Now, she is almost three times this!

Anonymous said...

What a brilliant idea boyz! I'm sure two young guests would love to have a party for the queen with you too. JantheFan x