Wednesday 22 February 2023

Nigel Accepts Defeat Graciously, But Is In No Way Beaten.

With not a single whiff of a suitably seasonable mug to match my own wonderous find of a week or so ago, Nigel has admitted defeat ……….

IMG_0390

……. but no way is he taking it lieing down ……..

IMG_0389

…. he’s simply moved on to the next big event on our social calendar, to wit our long weekend in Weymouth in April, our “out of the blue”, surprise present from Father Christmas ……..

IMG_0392IMG_0391

……. after stumbling across this Weymouth souvenir mug for just 50p in our very favourite Charity shop of choice in Evesham. 

IMG_0393

He says it was a spooky, omen-tal find that was meant to be, sent to help him count down the days before we eventually get to the seaside town in real life, tempting him with its many illustrated pleasures!  What on earth is he like?

IMG_0395IMG_0396

With Darrell also unable to secure a seasonal mug at this late stage of the month either, I wonder what drinking vessel he’ll now bring home from his travels, following Nigel’s lead of a poignant calendarial nature to reflect any of our other future planned adventures?  As always, you can be rest assured  that I will let you know as and when developments occur!

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

Nigel will be dreaming of the places on the mug. Will he insist that you visit all of them?

Darrell, good luck trying to outdo Monkey and Nigel's mugs. Do you think Hugh may be able to help out?

Anonymous said...

What a lovely mug, full of not only tea but happy memories too and more to yet make - happy days indeedy.
Oh I'm a devil for a good mug - as I think I've mentioned. Pref 300ml job for me though. I have to restrain myself on many an occasion from purchasing a good mug or three. I could be one of those people you see on TV who have a room dedicated to their themed collecting habit...that could so easily be me and my mugs. JantheFan x