Friday 24 February 2023

Spring Is Sprung

“Blossom by blossom the spring begins” - Algernon Charles Swinburne ……

IMG_0437

…… and finally Nigel’s very, very, very favourite caterpillar trees are out ……

IMG_0438

……… holding him spellbound and in thrall as they wiggle and jiggle in the springtide breeze.

IMG_0439

On the other hand, Darrell says they make him feel quite queasy, not being the greatest fan of anything of a creepy, crawly, wiggly type nature.

IMG_0435

As for me? I am pretty neutral about such seasonal writhings , but when the crocus’s start peeping through ……..  that’s when my heart begins to sing ……. what are we all like?

“If you’ve never been thrilled to the very edges of your soul by a flower in spring bloom, maybe your soul has never been in bloom.”
Audra Foveo

4 comments:

Mr.D said...

How poetic.

I'm partial to a bluebell wood, myself. When it is the appropriate time of the year, of course.

Anonymous said...

I love to see the snowdrops appear which they have in our garden.

Michele

Anonymous said...

Spring my most favourist, favourite time of the year. The birds are starting to pair up - we have a pair of blackbirds, a pair of blue tits, a pair of great tits, a pair of dunnocks and a pair of robins enjoying my offerings in the garden. The daffs are gently nodding their heads now, tulips waiting their turn the world is growing more beautiful by the day...what a great time to be alive. JantheFan x

Mr.D said...

For the first time, today, Mrs. D spotted Jacaranda flowers on the trees.