Thursday 2 February 2023

The Valentine Gauntlets Are Off ……

Now, I don’t think I mooch half as much as Darrell and Nigel ……

Valentines Mug by Portobello By Inspire

…… but yesterday, being in the month of February, said month of brimming love and romance, I thought I would treat myself to a seasonally appropriate mug, of a sustainable type nature, to help sort of spread the love a little further ………

Portobello By Inspire Valentines Mug

……. so couldn’t believe my luck when I spied this simple, gold heart (on both sides) design for just 50p, in our Evesham charity shop of choice, Vale Wildlife. It was perfect, as I don’t really do all that obvious, in your face, hearts and flowers stuff!

IMG_0236

However, simple as it was, as I sat down to try out said ”new to me” mug ………

IMG_0238

……. I could feel Darrell’s steely eyes were upon me. “That is no ordinary mug” he announced “That’s a Portobello by Inspire Mug!”,  the likes of which can be (depending on the design) more often as not, well out of our usual mug price range.

IMG_0239

According to “the expert”:- Portobello By Inspire are influenced by the eccentricity of Portobello Road in London, they make stylish and unique ranges of bone china mugs which have a vintage feel. With over 20 years’ experience of designing high quality mugs they have developed ranges that blend beautiful individuality with total sophistication.”

Well, blow me down with a wet feather, I obviously have “an eye” and excellent taste when it come to my mugs!

IMG_0240

It was an emotional moment for Darrell too, Portobello Road being just round the corner from Hugh’s, (his best friend and mentor of all things everything), London abode and where they first met in real life, Hugh guiding Darrell round the many antique establishments and favourite market stalls………. happy, happy, happy days …… and a little bit spooky!

IMG_0237

The Valentine’s gauntlets are now off with Darrell is determined to find a suitable, charmed mug of his own, with no doubt Nigel following too, however, it seems they have big shoes to fill!???

Mr D, can you repeat your comment of yesterday as our "Webmaster" deleted it, so they say "by accident" - fear not, questions WILL be asked in Parliment!

4 comments:

Mr.D said...

That is one classy mug. And, with it being bone china, it would be perfect for a nice cup of tea.

Good luck to Darrell and Nigel in trying to outdo Monkey on the mug front.

P.S. Oh no! My comment has been deleted. Never mind. Now, I'll have to try and remember what I wrote. Let's hope Mrs. G doesn't have a disaster with this comment.

Mr.D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oh goodness-what have you started?! The mug does look lovely though.

Michele

Anonymous said...

How gorgeous is that mug! I could easily collect mugs if I had the space for them. I do have to stop myself from buying them, they are soooo very tempting. JantheFan x