Sunday 5 November 2017

It’s Almost Too Too Much For Darrell

I came home from the library yesterday afternoon to find poor Darrell in a rabbit caught in the headlights type scenario in front of his laptop.
IMG_5442
You may recall that after Nigel’s Bake Off Adventure, we had pretty much ticked off our various television audience bucket lists, except for The Apprentice You’re Fired, and then Darrell discovered that tickets were being made available and he so applied ……
IMG_5447
…… never ever dreaming he would have a hope …….
IMG_5443
……. but while I was out he’d had an e-mail, saying that his application had been successful and that he had got one ticket ……. and a Priority one at that ……. hence the glazed eyed look and inability to move state I found him in.
IMG_5444
There was much to do as he only had a couple of days notice …..
IMG_5445
However, once I had finally calmed him down, we quickly formulated a plan of action i.e. print off his ticket so we could read the small print, book a hotel and his train ticket and then find his Oyster card……. simples!!! 
IMG_5446
I have to admit, I am a just a little envious, I would have loved to have gone with him, but I know he will embrace each and every second, and when the moment comes for him to hold his “hired” or “fired” card proudly aloft, he will also be representing Nigel and myself in his considered choice.
article-1339344-0C815206000005DC-229_468x379
But as a precaution I think it might be best if I pop a couple of paper bags in his man bag, just in case he hyperventilates with the excitement of it all!

4 comments:

Mr.D said...

Great! I'm sure he will have a great time.

Will he see Hugh? Assuming it is in London, seeing as he is taking his Oyster card with him.

PharmacyMichele said...

WIW-you’re all making regular appearances on TV shows. This is exciting news, I wonder what the next T V show will be???

Michele

Anonymous said...

Ooooh you do get around Darrell. You'll be writing a ..behind the scenes book next. JantheFan x

Dianne said...

Oh dear; poor Darrell.....it can be overwhelming when dreams come true!.....some deep breathing and a nice drink might bring this amazing truth to a more acceptable level and he can calm down.....more unbelievable adventures ahead!...Love, Dianne