Thursday 14 September 2023

An Emotional Reminder of The Homeland

Darrell did a huge double take when he spotted this picture on his last visit to “The Vale”, our very favourite, if everso slightly odd Evesham charity shop of choice ……….

IMG_3769

He said memories of half of the family disappearing on Boxing Day afternoon for “the match” came flooding back, as well as passing the Molineux every day on the bus to get to and from work at the Girls High School, going to a Rod Stewart concert there and Andy’s wardrobe stuffed full of Wolves sweatshirts, t-shirts and jackets and other paraphernalia.

IMG_3771

Tempting as it was, at just £2.50, Darrell said he decided to leave it there for someone else to enjoy, besides, it really wouldn’t have fit in anywhere in his carefully curated interior design scheme ……..

IMG_3770

…… but he did admit to giving it a tender stroke as he walked away…….. along with a heartfelt sigh for memories of a, seemingly now distant, past life!

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

Very poignant. I often used to cycle past the Molineux and also went to the Asda, next door.

I saw my team play there, a number of times.

Anonymous said...

Oh Darrell (& Mr D!) you are doing it to me again.....I'm filling up here! The sentimental side to me is hugging me tight. Happy memories indeedy. JantheFan x