Tuesday 12 January 2021

A New Take On Pooh Sticks!

While Darrell and Nigel are away for most of this week learning how to home school I, in turn, had a small package delivered from the NHS which, to be honest, I am quite pleased arrived when young Nigel, in particular, was absent.

IMG_8625

Those of you, of a certain similar mature type age and nature, may already be familiar with the box and therefore know exactly what it is …… to wit a bowel cancer screening kit ……

IMG_8626

……. but what I am afraid Nigel would constantly refer to, if he caught wind of it, as my “poo tester”.

IMG_8628

I’ve had one before, which I also managed to keep well under the radar of prying eyes, this seems a tiny bit different, although to the same end, but am just grateful that all the indelicate “things” will have been …… erm ……  all scooped up and sent away before Darrell and Nigel’s  return.  I just need to get to grips with the task in hand, when, I feel the mood is right!

IMG_8629

The last thing I want is to be greeted by knowing looks whenever I come out of the bathroom, only to be then asked, equally knowingly, an hour or so later, if I have anything for the post as one or both of them is nipping out for their lockdown walk and they might just pass the post box on the way!

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

This is a new on, on me.

It's a cr_p job, but you've got to do it.

Anonymous said...

Yep - got to be done and all that.......JantheFan x