Monday 6 May 2019

Seriously Not For Us ……

Now, we all absolutely love a strawberry, in fact we can never get enough of a proper English one in the summer months and it has to be said that both Nigel and I greatly appreciate it when Darrell includes the odd slice of beetroot in one of his wonderful artisan salads ……….
……. but together…… in a drink? I think not! I am just sooooooooo thankful that Nigel decided against making a considered purchase when he spotted it on the shelves of the Poundstretcher up the road.  I can assure you, not a single drop would have passed my lips, no matter how persuasive his argument had he suggested basing one of our renowned reviews on it. For me, on this occasion, the fashion for the unusual fusion of flavours has overstepped the mark, into just plain disgusting.

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

Is it just a trick, to make strawberry go further? Like strawberry and apple jam, during the war?

CraftyCoffey said...

Beetroot juice is the drink of choice for athletes-or so I was once informed! Sounds positively disgusting & you’re right to avoid it.

Michele

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...not sure myself. JantheFan x