Friday 25 December 2020

Christmas Day 2020–He’s Been, He’s Been, He’s Been!

Oh my goodness he’s been ……. as if we ever doubted that he wouldn’t, but with this flipping virus, you just never know.

IMG_8337

Nigel was up at 3 o’clock, then four o’clock, then five until Darrell and I finally gave up and told him he could look in his stocking at six o’clock, what is he like?

IMG_8338

As we all looked in our stockings and unwrapped our presents in turn, starting with Nigel first, naturally, it was emotional.  Santa got it all so wonderfully perfect for each and every one of us.  Nigel got a lovely deckchair for watching the world go by either indoor or outdoors or wherever he might be, Darrell says he will look for a small box to sit beside it for Nigel  to rest his cup, snacks, paper and/or binoculars, but I had to tell him that no, he couldn’t eat his Christmas dinner while sitting in it.

IMG_8339

Darrell found six exquisite, vintage Cherry B glasses in his stocking. There were muffled sniffs and hastily wiped away tears as he unwrapped each glass, with a wistful sigh.  They are perfect, just what he wanted, and I now I think we can expect a whole flotilla of Cherry B based cocktails being served over the rest of the holiday in celebration …….. happy days!

IMG_8340

And, last but not least, I got my Things To Dobook, it’s brilliant, just what I wanted and as I flicked through it’s empty pages I couldn’t help wonder what exciting things would be written in it in the coming year …….. all good stuff I hope.

IMG_8341

There was also a HUGE, and I mean HUGE, hamper of Thorntons chocolates from Hugh, Darrell’s best friend and mentor.  I reckon it will take us until next Christmas to work our way through it …… and just as we were on the cusp of starting our New Years diet, well it would be rude to start now with such chocolatey pleasures abounding.  

IMG_8342

We hope you have as wonderful, happy (and safe) day, just like what we are planning.

We’re going to take a few days off now until New Years Day when we’ll be in the midst of celebrating with our traditional (2020/21 three household bubble) Iris and Bertie Sleepover, but if we can find some time to post we will …… happy days!

XXXXXXXXXXX

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

Merry Christmas, and a happy New Year!

Excellent presents. The (old) boy, Santa, dun gud.

Anonymous said...

If you need a help with those choccies, just give me a shout! JantheFan x