Monday 4 July 2022

Our First Greek Breakfast ……..

Oh MG, we’ve been dreaming of our traditional Greek Odyssey breakfasts for three years now ………

IMG_2441

Our first port of call, once we’d unpacked our bags, being a quick whizz round the local supermarket for a few comestibles to tide us over for our first day……

IMG_2265IMG_2266

…… and top of our list, no expense spared, was the thickest, richest Greek yoghurt we could find, because, according to Darrell, calories don’t count in foreign climes ….. and as is our custom, it had to be so thick we could stand our spoons up in it!

IMG_2267IMG_2268

Served with lashings of local herb infused honey ………..

IMG_2485IMG_2484

……. sat sitting on one of our two exclusive balconies, with views of the mountains and sea, it was to die for ……..

IMG_2476

……. making all the woes of the last three years melt away (EVEN the home schooling!). It was all extremely emotional and almost too nomtastic for words!  Finally we didn’t have to pinch ourselves anymore, we really were back in our beloved Greece …… once more.

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

"Calories don’t count in foreign climes." I live in foreign climes. Does this mean that I can stuff my face whenever I want?

My dad used to buy big tubs of full fat Greek yoghurt and he would eat it with a big spoon of honey added, just like you.

I like to be able to stand my spoon up in custard, too.

I have friends who live in Athens, but we have never been to visit them.

Anonymous said...

oh Happy Days indeedy....jealous moi??? no not a bit jealous - just an humongous bit jealous! JantheFan x