Friday 1 July 2022

Surprise Surprise ………

Hold on to your sombreros, because as you read this, you find us not in our adopted homeland of Evesham as you probably have expected, but in Elounda on the beautiful island of Crete.  How amazing is that?  We just didn't dare saying anything before .......

IMG_2276

..... but we've finally made it, after three years in the making and yes, it was emotional, very, very emotional, as our slightly red eyes may attest!

IMG_2300

We decided it best to just keep schtum as to the actual day we were due to fly out for fear of jinxing anything ………

IMG_2287

……. what with all the continuing cancellations, queues and awful mayhem going on at the airports at the moment. 

IMG_2274

We simply crossed everything that could possibly be crossed, including our in-flight Twix’s last night and then held our breath as we got into our taxi for the airport, silently praying that we would get here.

IMG_2297

Someone was obviously watching from above and despite Darrell completing his daily quota of steps in the winding queue for security alone at Birmingham Airport, we’re here.

IMG_2250

Let’s just say our first glass of Mythos in three years hardly touched the sides, but the bits that did couldn’t have tasted more wonderful ……… here’s finally to yet another Greek Odyssey!

4 comments:

Mr.D said...

¡Wonderful! ¡¡Finally!! ¡¡¡Enjoy!!!

(My laptop does upside down exclamation marks. It's a Spanish thing.)

¿For how long are you there? ¿¿Is it a Greek week?? ¿¿¿Or longer???

(Also a Spanish thing.)

SeasideKaren said...

Oh I’m so happy for you!
It’s my birthday today and I’m currently on the train to London to see the fabulous ABBA show. I don’t care that I’m 62, I’ve got my ABBA catsuit and blonde wig all packed for tonight! I will toast you with birthday bubbles later, have a wonderful time xx

Mr.D said...

¡¡Happy birthday, Seaside Karen!! (¡¡¡You can have some upside down exclamation marks, too!!!)

I hope you had a wonderful time at the ABBA show.

P.S. I am 60 in a few months and I don't care, either. I am proud that I am fit and healthy.

Anonymous said...

Oh how exciting...wish I was sitting on a beautiful beach right now watching the sea! JantheFan x