Tuesday 20 November 2018

It’s T’wirly!

I have been trying sooooooooo desperately hard to keep Nigel innocent of all festive influence this November, but despite all my best efforts  I have to admit to defeat …….. it’s just impossible ……
IMG_9570IMG_9568
…… and initially it wasn’t even the shops that I  could blame for Nigel’s premature onset into festivity, no, it was bought on by a Santa and tinsel confection in one of the flat windows above the Pizza shop ….. after that there was no hope …..  the constant badgering for a date and exact time (to the minute) for when we can start reaching for our baubles ensued ……aghhhhh!
IMG_9576
This was quickly followed by the opening of a Christmas shop in town which didn’t help any …….
IMG_9577
…… with Nigel drawn to it like a moth to water.
IMG_9573IMG_9574
But, I have had to stand firm, though Christmas is our most favourite time of the year, and I admit my own tummy goes a little funny when I think about it ……
IMG_9572
……. NOTHING BUT NOTHING goes up in The Towers until 1st December, after that Darrell and Nigel can put up whatever they like ……. within reason ….. with them both already knowing, categorically, that “common” bare bottom wagging Santas are strictly off limit!

2 comments:

CraftyCoffey said...

Such excitement but I do agree on the deadline of 1st December. We keep to that but it’s because it’s hubby’s birthday on the 30th November!

Michele

Mr.D said...

"Flat windows?" Most windows are flat.