Tuesday 15 September 2020

A Little Hardy Perennial.

Nigel is absolutely convinced that little Miss Iris does not an “I feel cold button”……..

IMG_6986

…… despite the sun being mostly behind a cloud and the occasional rain shower while they are away …….

IMG_6981

……. that girl, it has to be said ……..

IMG_20200822_144458

………. has embraced the sea!

IMG_6987

Even when Nigel, has called her in because he could see her shivering ………

IMG_6980

……. she never fails to plead, “…..pleeeeeeease, Uncle Nigel, just another five minutes!”

IMG_20200822_144649

Nigel has always prided himself on his hardiness ………..

IMG_20200822_144703

…….. but this little madam, he says has managed to beat him hands down!

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

Wow. Impressive.

I suspect that the gulf stream warms up the water at Teignmouth and the south coast, but not so much, the North Sea. TtS may know more about this.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of my favourite poems from school....I Must Go Down to the Seas Again....think the sea will now be in young Iris's blood. That is why she is never cold. I'm with her all the way. JantheFan x

Mr.D said...

Wonderful poem, JtF. I hadn't thought about it, in years.