Friday 25 September 2020

Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained

Darrell came home from an afternoon of mooching, looking very pleased with himself ……….

Darrell

……… announcing that he was parched and was putting a brew on and did I fancy one too. Well, I never need asking twice as far as tea is concerned, so humming to himself in a very self satisfied fashion the kettle was on in a triss …….

Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained

……. with his returning shortly to present me with a rather lovely cup and saucer. He’d found it in one of the smaller charity shops in Evesham and instantly thought of me, as he knows how much I like my tea served in a proper cup and saucer, rather than a mug, in the mornings.

IMG_7183

The picture on the front had a lovely homely feel to it and on the back was a motto that he thought pretty much summed up life at The Towers.  What is he like?

Motto cup and saucer

I loved it, a considered purchase bought with a great deal of love and thought …….. I’ll admit, it got emotional!

It was emotionsl

And what did Darrell pay for his wonderful treasure …….. just 50p, what a little bargain hunter too boot!  Happy days!

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

Great find, Darrell!

There's nothing like a nice cup of tea.

Anonymous said...

Tea ALWAYS tastes better from a treasured mug or cup and that cup is rather splendid I have to say........more so at just 50p!!! JantheFan x