Wednesday 31 March 2021

Lost ….. But Not Found!

Poor Darrell is in quite a state of seasonal flux ………

IMG_9880

…… he’d decided it might be best to give into an onslaught of Nigel’s finest seasonal pester power by injecting  a subtle flavour of all that is Easter to The Towers interior décor.

IMG_9882

I have to say he has, as per usual, done really well ……

IMG_9883

……. it’s all very understated but “present” in a Darrell “enough’s as good as a feast” type way, if you know what I mean ……..

IMG_9884

…… but then he started mithering about the little hanging tranklements he thought he had to make a twig tree decoration for the table, the only trouble is he can’t find them anywhere, the last time he/we saw them was way back in Easter 2018 …..

Easter Egg Tree._thumb[6]

……. and I know that because he made me trawl through three years worth of  Easter posts to look for “evidence”.  He says he can see them in his minds eye, in a plastic box with the miniature bunting laid carefully on top, but as to their whereabouts, to quote a young Toyah Wilcox, “….it’s a mystery!”

IMG_9879

I’ve told him not to worry, we’ve more than Eastery enough and that I’d treat us to a couple of bunches of festive daffodils for the table in their place. However, I have a very spooky late great Derek Acorah type feeling that although he seems resigned to them not being around for this year (at least), we are now due, post holiday, the most mahooooooosive spring clean of all time, as I am sure I’ve heard him sigh, on more than one occassion “In such a bijoux and orderly residence, they can’t be that far!” ……… heaven help me!

1 comment:

Mr.D said...

You have so many seasonal and festive items. It's a mystery, where you store them all.

Do you have some sort of TARDIS thing going on? I'm sure Derek Acorah would know.