Sunday 8 October 2017

Perhaps Not ………

Darrell, Nigel and I very much enjoy a forage, The Vale of Evesham being known as the Garden of Eden England as our burgeoning freezer testifies with its ample sufficiency of blackberries, damsons and plums ready for one of our much nommed Sunday crumbles and custard (…..and occasionally with cream on special occasions).
IMG_5206
But yesterday I sadly missed out on a possible forage as I found myself seriously wanting in the identification of fungi department after spotting that the lawn in front of the church by Lldl had sprouted an abundant profusion of “mushrooms”
IMG_5204
Now, to the uneducated, to wit me, they looked exactly like the ones we have with our weekend egg and bacon, but I know that picking and then consuming the wrong species of fungi can lead to consequences of an extremely dire and deadly type nature ……
IMG_5207
……. so tempting as a complimentary comestible may be, I thought it best to leave them exactly where they were, I could never forgive myself if I inadvertently risked the lives of Darrell and Nigel for the sake of an opportune free meal through ignorance!

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

A very sensible decision.

Do you ever find damsons in distress?

Dianne said...

Definitely tempting fungi but best not to take a chance on the unknown identification of these little gems......truly a Garden of Plenty in Evesham!....Love, Dianne