Sunday 9 December 2018

Iris’s Toy Nativity

Following on from yesterday, it has to be said that Iris and Nigel are really immersing themselves into Iris’s role as Mary in the school nativity ………
Toy Nativity
…… especially Iris’s recreation of the staging and character positions in her bedroom using her soft toys.
Toy Nativity 2
Mrs Bunny and Jesse make up two of the three wise men, knitted teddy in Superman costume a most excellent Joseph and Belle a very attentive Mary/mother to Emma Rabbit as Jesus, wrapped in Iris’s gingham school hair scrunchie and lying on a scourer sponge for a mattress as she didn’t have any real hay.
Toy Nativity 1
I believe Beastie is the “found wanting” Hotel Manager, as Iris told me that there wasn’t a room in the hotel so they had to use a barn instead which they had to fill with hay.
Toy Nativity 3
I have to say hearing Iris’s own innocent telling of the story brings a tear to my eye. I think my favourite bit of re-construction was one of Iris’s new slippers becoming a stand in for the donkeys cart. It really is the stuff that Christmas memories are truly made of ……. sniff

2 comments:

CraftyCoffey said...

Ah-that is so lovely to hear. I’m sure Iris will have a wonderful time playing Mary in the nativity.

Michele

Mr.D said...

Memories are made of this.

Miss Iris has an excellent imagination!