Monday 25 March 2019

No Pheasant Pluckers Allowed

I am not sure what it is with Nigel and birds at the moment, perhaps the party of Twitchers who befriended him in Exmouth were a tres spooky omen of a Derek Acorah type nature ………
…………. but yesterday, while he was gazing out of the window, there was a sudden flurry of feathers followed by a bewildered pheasant landing and then tentatively strutting around the garden. 
Now, we have all grown familiar to the  sight of ducks, geese and swans, as well as robins, a whole plethora of tits and the occasional heron, but, it has to be said that we are strangers to a pheasant chez Towers.
Nigel was very enamoured by the proud and haughty  looking creature  …….. however, when Darrell also spotted it he immediately started reciting a certain tongue twisting ditty involving a gentleman who was plucking pheasants because his mate was late, well it goes without saying that it wasn't long before Nigel joined in amid much not a little mirth  …….. nut believe you me I gave them both very short shrift!
I told them, in no uncertain terms, that I did not appreciate The Towers being sullied with repugnant and offensive words, uttered inadvertently or not for the purposes of amusement ……. and that they were to desist immediately! When I left the room I swear I still heard muffled giggles….. I give up!

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

Smirk, smirk.

As I have said previously, tits like coconuts.

Anonymous said...

Love Pheasants - alive, and certainly not plucked in any shape or form. JantheFan x