Tuesday 19 March 2019

That’s It, We’re Sorted

What can I say? Mr Glen returned this morning and worked his tile laying magic, all our shower room woes are now in the dim and distant past and The Towers returned to normality, whatever, to quote Prince Charles, normality is.
The rooms are a bit pongy from the glue at the moment but that will soon go I am sure. When Mr Glen left us and we could have a proper look, let’s just say it was emotional, all we could do was gaze at and stroke the floor lovingly, particularly Darrell.
Mr Glen dun gud, as has Darrell with his most excellent choice of Balin Stone Karndean tile.
Darrell is keen to get the frou frou done now, as, he says, both rooms are screaming for an infusement of strong colour and texture …….. is that even a word?
However, he also added that he couldn’t help but notice that against the freshness of the new flooring the paintwork looked tired and wanting. It looks OK to me, but there again what do I know?  He says there’s no hurry, it can wait until after Easter, especially as we have a busy few weeks ahead…… and as he’s had a bit of a brainwave for his and Nigel’s bedroom he might as well get all the paint, masking tape and turps he’ll need in one go.  I am not asking ……. I’m just so happy I’d agree to almost anything at the moment!

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

The end of a very long and trying saga.

CraftyCoffey said...

Bathroom is looking great, I’m interested to see/hear what Darrell is planning as decorative touches.

Michele

Anonymous said...

It's all looking good boyz. JantheFan x