Tuesday 18 June 2019

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo

So, I think I am pretty chilled out sort of a person, but there is one thing that really, really, really, really, really sticks in my crawl and that is the modern idiom of starting every single blinking sentence with the word "so" ...... aghhhhhh aggghhhhh

So, I was listening to a what could have been a very interesting interview on Woman's Hour the other morning had it not been for young lady being interviewed insisting on answering every since question she was asked starting with "so" ....... So, it nearly drove me to absolute distraction where I was waiting for the "so" rather than listening to the actual answer.  So, is it me?  So ...... any answers on a stamped addressed postcard please.

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

Fortunately, this is a new one on me.

Anonymous said...

So.....you might be a bit disgruntled about the use of so Monkey and I feel your pain - so I am disgruntled about the use of the word, yous??? Example - Are yous coming out tonight??? far too many, yous, about these days. Where has that come from. The world is falling apart. JantheFan x

Di said...

DITTO! Pet hate hare! Will message ASAP as am still just getting around around but tons better, Had to cancel reunion weekend so we couldn't have had a monkey party in the end. Di xx Love from Hank and Marvin as well :)