Thursday 12 September 2019

Waitrose Did Not Disappoint

Yesterday afternoon, as planned we all trotted off to the dentist where we were all given a clean bill for the most excellent of dental health with another appointment in six months time.
We then, as Darrell had promised, paid a visit to Waitrose to satisfy my yearning for one (or more) of their summer scotch eggs and gooseberry chutney.  Oh my goodness, it was a world away from Tesco, Aldi and Lldl, our usual shopping grounds, very chilled and relaxed, I could really get used to it.
Even though I can't stand them, you should have seen their selection of olives ...... I have never seen so many varieties.
And the scotch eggs?  Let's just say Waitrose did not disappoint, as not only did they have the pork, pea and mint and the pork, beetroot and cheese that I had dreamt about, but they were also on special offer, 2 for £2, saving me a total of £1.08!!! and the gooseberry chutney I longed for was 50p off too. Darrell had said that if we shopped prudently we could make the trip work to our benefit, he was so right, bless him.
We looked for a few yellow labels and found a few other treats for our tea ..........  it was emotional!  What am I like?
My tea was everything I had dreamt of and more, the scotch eggs were total perfection ...........
...... and the gooseberry chutney ....... was almost too much for me, it was, too wonderful for words.
Darrell said that was it then, our usual Branston Pickle was now a thing of the past at The Towers, from here on in only Waitrose "gussgog" chutney would pass our lips......  and let's be honest, I am certainly not going to argue that decree!  Happy days!

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

Posh, tasty and delectable scran. And a bargain, to boot.

What's not to like?

Anonymous said...

I pop into a little Waitrose store occasionally. I will look out for the gooseberry chutney. Sounds delish! JantheFan x