Monday 30 September 2019

Darrell Feels The Urge

Over the past week or so I have watched Darrell becoming increasingly restless. He confessed to me that since he'd not been away on our customary Greek Odyssey this year, he'd found himself, rather unexpectedly, pining for the azure blue sea and had wondered whether he could bring a flavour of Greece to The Towers by redecorating the main bedroom (usually my domain) using a colour pallete of Greek type nature.
What he wanted to do was take the turquoise from a bracelet he'd bought during last years Odyssey  and incorporate it into his idea, and, as such, had been gathering paint samples and talking rather a lot on Skype with Hugh (his best friend and mentor) to discuss the latest en trend colour combinations,  texture and the pitfalls of  themed accessorising and trancklement placement.
To be honest, what they spend hours talking about is all very much a mystery to me, but I gave him my blessing to do whatever he had "invisioned", as I was begining to feel a little beiged out myself.
After that it was only a matter of time before he disappeared up to B & Q on the bus, to make one or two considered purchases ........

........ before donning his bonnet de douche and taking up his brush.........
I am leaving him to it, at the moment all I can hear is him happily humming and singing along to Radio 2, ................... so I presuming all is going to plan!

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

A great colour. Cricket sight screens are sometimes painted duck egg blue. It looks very similar, to me.

Anonymous said...

It looks very fresh....maybe a mermaid or three painted on the walls might help??? JantheFan x

Anonymous said...

p.s. loving the bonnet de douche. Very fetching.