Friday 7 July 2023

A Traditional Holiday Twix Disaster Averted ……..

The days seem to be palpably dragging to our next Greek Odyssey, our suitcases has been packed, unpacked then packed again for weeks, but yesterday, I suddenly realised that I’d only gone and forgotten to secure our traditional, in-flight, holiday Twix!

IMG_1776

Goodness only knows how I’d overlooked this important task. I thought Darrell was going to do it, but when I checked the list of jobs he’d given me, there it was stood staring at me from the bottom of the page!  What am I like?

Giant Twix

However, disaster was soon averted, as it only took a quick trip up to Home Bargains to secure enough giant Twix Xtra, in normal and white chocolate, to get us safely to Greece and back.

Exteme Twix

When the seatbelt signs finally go off, as we reach cruising altitude, we listen out for the familiar rattle of the refreshment trolley heading our way, three Kenco cappuccinos are duly ordered and said Twix whipped out with rampant gay abandon, then we really know we are on our way to our beloved Greece (it’s not quite so exciting on the way back, but hey ho).

IMG_1775

With the much smaller in-flight Twix costing £1.20 this year (yes, Darrell did check) and no white chocolate option, for double the Twix, we’ve saved ourselves 31p (per pack) which we can then put towards all manner of exotic cocktail when we finally arrive and settle,  it’s totally win, win, win ………happy, happy days!

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

Very wise, bringing your own Twix. However, as you know, I wouldn't bring white chocolate ones.

Mr.D said...

This morning, I read that the name Twix is a portmanteau of "twin sticks."

I never knew that!

Anonymous said...

Oh such happy exciting days indeedy and white chocolate twix - very satisfying start of course! JantheFan x