Thursday 27 July 2023

Just ONE Holey Stone Darrell????

Darrell found his first beloved holey stone of the Oddity within minutes of stepping on to the beach on our very first morning and then announced that he was more than happy with just the one this holiday, because, he’d decided, after goodness knows how many years of collecting, to start looking for sea glass instead, for ……. “crafty purposes”………

IMG_2702

Well, you could have blown me over with a feather! I can remember not even being able to leave a beach, on more than one occassion, until we’ve found just one more, but OK!

IMG_2711

And then, on top of that bombshell,  Nigel said that he was going to look for stones with faces?

IMG_2710IMG_2709

I will admit to being dubious at first, but within a very short while he’d found one ……

IMG_2712IMG_2715

……. and rather scary one at that, called Sharky ……

IMG_2761IMG_2762

….. shortly followed by another, that he christened “the alien”, of which he is particularly proud ……

IMG_2763

….. he says it’s a sign?!!  A sign of what, I daren’t even ask.  The existence of little green men or UFO’s?

IMG_2913IMG_2915

I suppose it’s all in the eye of the beholder, I suppose, even “Pacman” ……

IMG_2916

They’ve now both amassed quite a collection and, not that I want to think about going home just yet, but I’ve had to warn them that as our cases were pretty much on the cusp, weight wise, when we came out, it doesn’t really leave us much wiggle room for our return journey, so they may have to be more selective as our holiday goes on….. heaven help me!

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

WOW! Sea glass instead of holey stones, Darrell?

Nigel has a great imagination. I like the look of Sharky.

Seaside Karen said...

On wow, ( love your new stone collection, those faces are brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Oh boyz, you do make me laugh, the things you get up to...I'll now be forever looking for stoney faces next time I'm at the beach - what are you like???? JantheFan x