Monday 21 August 2023

How Very Remiss ………

I’ve been very remiss, I can’t believe after all this time in Hanioti (our holidays just seem to get longer and longer each year), I’ve failed to mention and I know quite a few of you have been wondering ……..

IMG_2535

…… that of course, as sure as Greek eggs is Greek eggs …….

IMG_2537

…… we’ve not held back in availing and indulging ourselves of more than one or two gyros.

IMG_2534

My muffin top is now in great danger of becoming a fully fledged, well risen cottage loaf I am afraid and as for poor Darrell, he just says we’re on holiday, it’s only once a year, even if it does go on for weeks and weeks ……. and he’ll deal with his accordingly when we eventually get home and in the meantime ……. pass him the tzatziki! 

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

Normal diet rules don't apply when you are on holiday, no matter how long the holiday is. That's the law.

I've had some jobs that were a bit of a sinecure, but these don't count, diet-wise.

I've never had a gyro. (I had some Giros in the summer holidays, when I was at university, but I never used them to buy gyros - maybe a kebab or two, however.)

Anonymous said...

Holidays are meant to be enjoyed & that includes the food-which looks delicious. Enjoy!!!

Michele

Anonymous said...

Oh my - if one can't indulge on one's holiday, when can one? Perhaps when it is Christmas but that's just not the same, that's a festive thing! It looks delish. JantheFan x